The heart of the Missions Teams are to facilitate all outreach in guiding the congregation to spread the gospel message of God’s love through witness and service in the community and beyond.
This ministry provides gifts at Christmas for children in Jefferson County whose parent is incarcerated. Purchase a gift as described on an angel ornament. Also, assistance is needed in providing meal items as requested by the coordinator for the families being served.
Bethlehem in Monticello
A Christmas gift to our community. This outreach is an collaborative effort to include our congregation and members from other churches in portraying the city of the Christ Child’s birth. Opportunities are numerous. Construction crews are needed to build ‘Bethlehem’, and upon conclusion, dismantle ‘Bethlehem’, handlers are needed for the animals, many characters (townspeople) are needed to occupy ‘Bethlehem’ and their costumes need to be prepared and organized, scripts are learned, meals need to be prepared and served to the ‘Bethlehem’ townspeople on Friday and Saturday evenings, host/hostesses are needed at the Family Ministry Center to cook and serve cookies to our guests after their tour of ‘Bethlehem’.
Community Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving Day, a traditional Thanksgiving meal is served in the Family Ministry Center, free of charge, to everyone in the community who desires. Opportunities include preparation, cooking, serving, delivery, clean up, and monetary support. Help is needed with cooking turkeys, making cornbread for dressing, pies, slicing turkeys, and kitchen prep work before Thanksgiving.
- Dinner Church – non-traditional style of church at the Jefferson County Senior Center. This service is held on the last Monday of the month at 6pm and is about an hour. Come for singing, prayers, conversations, storytelling, and dinner!
- Eagles Wings Food Pantry– Located at First Presbyterian Church on the first and third Wednesday of the month. This is your opportunity to make a difference and supply food, diapers, wet wipes, financial and physical assistance to those in need.
- Florida Methodist Children’s Home and Madison Youth Ranch – Financial support and other needs are requested throughout the year.
- House of Jabez– A special needs home for a local person.
- Local Work Days– Help our members and community neighbors with repairs and small yard projects and help with mowing at Bethel Cemetery.
- Pillow Pals– A community outreach by many women who come together to make small pillows which are given to those who have experienced breast cancer surgery. The small pillows provide comfort especially during seat belt use. Financial support for materials is requested.
- Porch ‘deSalomon – located in Guatemala, and ministry in China. Support the mission field with your financial assistance.
- Public Service Employee Appreciation and Teacher Appreciation– Annually, cookie goodie bags are given to our public service employees and trays of cookies are taken to area schools to show our teachers and public service employees appreciation for all they do. Your opportunity; Bake and package cookies and deliver.
- Refuge House– Support for domestic violence survivors in Jefferson County through donations.
- Shoe Box Ministry – Fill a shoe box with suggested items and toys that will be distributed to needy children in foreign countries at Christmas, sponsored by Samaritan Purse.
Find out how you can help! Request more information: