Nurture teams support our congregation and provide assistance to meet their needs. The Nurture Teams are ministries of compassion for joy, sevice, friendship, and fellowship with and for our church members and those who regularly attend our church.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group – Recieve the resources offered by this support group and assists in hosting a luncheon at noon on fourth Mondays at the Family Ministry Center.
- Bosom Buddies – Bless a member of our congregations by helping provide transportation to daily radiation treatment due to breast cancer.
- Bread/Visitation – Bake a loaf of bread or volunteer to deliver bread while sharing our vision and mission and welcoming visitors to return to worship with us.
- Cancer Victim Support – Another opportunity to bless a church member or regular attendee of our congregation who is battling cancer is to get involved with this support team who may plan a simple gathering or other uplifting gesture.
- Celebrations – A ministry celebrating the special moments in our church families lives.
- Christian Singles Fellowship – Various group activities.
- College and Military Young Adults – It is the goal of this ministry to stay in touch with young adults and remember them at appropriate times.
- Concerned About Your Absence (CAYA) – A ministry to check on folks who are not in attendance at our worship services.
- Funeral Sisters – This team provides bereavement services to church member families who have had a death in the family, offering assistance with food and responding to any request from the family.
- Good Samaritans – Helping our Church members in times of crisis. Meals, transportation, and errands are only a few needs we can fulfil on a short term basis.
- Healthy Lifestyle Movie/Covered Dish Fellowship – Learn healthier lifestyle choices, followed by a movie or documentary with up-to-date healthy lifestyle information.
- Homebound Shut-in – Members of the church who are homebound have been identified, and Nurture Team volunteers provide assistance with their special needs.
- Hospital Visitation – The minister and a Nurture Team member visit members who are in the hospital overnight or longer and deliver inspirational reading material.
- Nursing Home Crafts – Residents at a local nursing home get involved in craft fun!
- Nursing Home Visitation Flowers – Church members in nursing homes are visited regularly by a team of volunteers who also deliver flowers as they are available.
- Post Card – Postcards are placed in the bulletins for members to remember our Church family and friends
- Prayer Chain – A dedicated group of members respond to requests for prayer as needed.
- Prayer Group – Church members are invited to meet weekly prior to the Wednesday night meals to offer prayer for those who are ill or in need.
- Prayers and Squares – A prayer quilt may be requested for a church member or regular attendee of our congregation who is seriously ill. Members of this team construct the quilts and all church members are encouraged to tie a knot in the quilt an say a prayer for the one who is ill.
- Travel Group Opportunities – Group travel opportunities available.
Request more information: